Tree damage (trimmer)

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Kawizx62003, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks. I did not cause the damage. Previous lawn co did. I have more sense. The pre m reference was because at least in my area when the dogwoods bloom is the proper time to apply pre emergents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I knew you didn't cause the damage. I was just throwing info out there for the masses. I've had to follow behind many others that left a lot of damage. Worst part there is no fix so we can't do much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Just make sure you price what she asks for and don't do and consulting about it. Let the tree pros do that. I have no idea what caused that mess. Too bad. I've seen half the root ball exposed and barked over, rings around trunks from decks rubbing, wires left on for years too long and the tree grew threw, all sorts of damage. I doubt a whacker did all that unless they were using a brush blade.

4. ManuelMowing

ManuelMowing LawnSite Member

I agree with this. The trees never were installed with proper landscaping. If you have a base of a tree exposed like that there will always be little cuts no matter how hard you try. Should have had a mulch, stone, or something around the base. I highly doubt the trimming caused the trees to die.