Tree dolly?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ElephantNest, Oct 13, 2003.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Anyone know where to find a decent price on tree dollies? I found one on the net, for $175.00, but it doesn't look very durable. Any help would be appreciated.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

The good carts (1,200 - 1,600 lb range) are going to run you just below, or in the $300. range. I know of a company called Amity metal products makes some nice carts. Try this link and see if it helps you out. Nursery carts

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

got mine from a.m. leonard, i am sure they have an internet site but I don't know it off the top of my head, i'll try to get you a #
  5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I bought mine at the local nursery. 1500# galvanized steel. Use and abuse it -- looks good as new. Paid $150.00
  6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is one I found. Click image for link.

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one just like the one above from my local nursery for $250
  9. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I really wouldn't worry about saving money on a tree cart as much as I would worry about getting a real good one. This is a tool that once you have you will be more happy to have and be real glad you have one that can handle big trees. It will make you too much money over the years to worry about saving a couple bucks and sacrificing quality. Overall my tree cart probably makes me more money than anything other tool as far a stime savings goes.
  10. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

We have the tree cart that gopher shows, and we also use that to move large boulders where skid loaders are unaccessable. So it's well worth it's price.