1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree falls on chainsaw help with repair

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jbell113, Oct 28, 2007.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a tree fall on my ms 290 and luckily it only cracked my fuel tank. I have fixed everything except I cannot for the life of me figure out the wring.

I have a 4 inch piece of wire and I dont know where it goes. Does anyone know a website I can refer to for a diagram. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I don't know of a web site that might be able to help, but these guys here should be able to steer you in the right direction

3. Eddyyy302

Eddyyy302 LawnSite Member

Without seeing the wire I can't be sure, but it if it has 2 female spade connectors on it then it has to be the wire which runs from the magneto to the metal clip which is activated by the choke wire to shut the engine off. If you are talking about metal wire rather than ELECTRICAl wire then it is the linkage for either the throttle or the choke. Hope this helps!
  4. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a friend of mine figure it out. It was a ground wire from the magneto that mounted under the flywheel. It did not make sense though cuz there was already a ground wire going from magneto to flywheel. So now there is 2 wires grounded. I know its right cuz I looked at someone elses saw and thats how theres was. Thanks for the help guys.
  5. goof008

goof008 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Go to arboristsite.com and pst the question in the Chainsaw forum. They will help you. Someone there will have an IPL (Illistrated Parts List) that they can send you. I have the same saw and they sent it to me, but it's not on this computer. Good luck