1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree Hugging Granola Nuts Unite

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

With 2 cycle use and mower use accounting for close to $7K of my expenses last year I welcome the potential of these new hybrid engines.
  3. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Interesting. I believe I'll wait for a couple of years though (and a few thousand reviews) to judge durability and maintenance needs.
  4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That of course is going to be the catch. Combine with that the first few years the cost of repair of these I am sure is going to be high as the mechanic's are simply not going to have a full understanding and at $60 hr a few hold ups will raise your repair bill significantly.

Hustler has had a full electric homeowner z turn out for two years now. The acceptance of them from homeowners and reviews have seemed favorable so there is hope. Like I said I welcome anything that holds the potential to LOWER cost:clapping:
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

My same feeling about a Korea made HOMEOWNER model. I am sure a commercial model will cost a lot more money up front and last longer. But the technical knowledge for smaller equipment is getting there. RR have used Diesel Locomotives for over 60- 70 years successfully. BTW at a cost saving that supplies more power

This technology can offer advantages like small bat wing mowers using electric motors. There is no limit to what electrical equipment could be run from this base unit. Electric chain saws and hedge trimmers would be a maintenance advantage with out the hassle of long extension cords etc.