1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree injections

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Taneli, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many of you guys do tree injections and if you have heard of mauget. I am a licensed applicator and certified to use mauget but i totally forgot the formula to know how much chemical to use so i am also wondering if anyone has that info. I dont feel like buying the manual for like 80 bucks kinda seems like a waste. I got certified in college to use the product but have never sold a job using it and now a customer asked so i thought i would try to refresh my memory and see if i could provide that service for her.
  2. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you just buy the capsules? We do.. aside from that, all I can advise is read the label, or call the dealer you got the chemicals for. Are you sure you mean Mauget and not Arbor Jet? Mauget's are expensive and you want to be sure you do it right.

Good luck,

Heidi J.
  3. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Yeah u just buy the capsules but u measure the circumference of the tree at DBH and based on that measurement is how many capsules u need to buy. I have only ever heard of Mauget. I have never heard of arbor jet. Is that what u use??
  4. Heidi J.

No, we do Mauget. Would like to try Arbor Jet, but I have been researching the Pentra bark.. sounds interesting. I don't do it myself, so I don't know how to measure it off hand. Maybe you can find info here:

Arborage articles

If not, call the rep. you brought the product from, they should be able to help..

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

It is not just measure the DBH, drill the holes and insert the site tubes and go. You have to be able to surmise the ml. ratio's.
    The capsules come in 2-4-6 ML. Depending on the DBH/6 gives you the # of capsules.
    However, I have been licensed with them since 1995 and haven't sold any more products yet. The generation 2 caplets cured me of their product as being the demise of the system...
    There were alot of factors down here that were effecting the uptake of the materials.
    Our most troublesome insects are the souther-white pine borers--flat headed borer. Those darn resin test factiods, that Mauget sent me, weren't worth a crap. Too many weather and temperature invariations to predict the resin flow accurately. More product was wasted on guessing and no penetration.
    I am looking into Pentrabark products for next season.

OOH!--The last time I contacted Mauget, it didn't help, and for the dealers of these products: They aren't much educated on a failing product line anyway!!
  6. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

Yeah i tried contacting a mauget rep and he was usless no offense to him. I have never heard of pentrabark before i would def. like to know more info about it. I tried googling it but didnt find too much out. It seems like a very interesting product is it available??
  7. Heidi J.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I use Arbor Jets, Quick Jet.

Right now, only treating for Ash Borer.

Works very well!
  9. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy who has an Arborjet. It's the most effective. Mauget is junk, maybe half as effective as Arborjet. You can sometimes bring a diseased tree back just by injecting it with calcium.

Rod, are you using the Treeage?
  10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Supposed to be one of the most effective products with 99% effeciacy and it may be a bi-annual treatment if not more.