Tree install pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BrandonV, Dec 1, 2007.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys not much going on here @ lawnsite lately so I thought i'd post some pics. Installed a white oak to replace one someone else let die. Was supposed to be 50" but since my crew was somewhere else I thought I'd do it myself. I will say that it's not he easiest thing to do by yourself (hooking up and getting everything out of the pod, but i managed.

pod install1.jpg

pod install2.jpg

pod install3.jpg

pod install4.jpg

pod install5.jpg

2. BrandonV

last one, cell phone had a rough time w/ all the sunlight

pod install6.jpg

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Mother of Jesus thats a bad arse lookin tree spade. You planted that tree or took it out?

You drones over here in the landscaping section are about as lively as a dry stack retaining wall!

4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

wow, how much did that little peice of machinary run ya????

5. BrandonV

hoskm01, i was installing it to replace one someone else did. looks odd since it turns into several moves. here's the play by play.
    fire up truck/grease, dig tree at nursery
    hook up to pod attachement @ nursery
    at site, set off pod with new tree in it
    dig old tree out of hole
    dump old tree in woods (city crew will take care of it)
    redig new tree out of pod
    plant new tree
    hook back upto pod
    stop at wendys for ice cream

6. BrandonV

they're quite expensive, we bought this one in 04 as my "college graduation present" but in reality we have a lot of large material at our nursery due to the fact my grandfather was stricken w/ parkinson's and neglected to sell it. it seemed more practical to get a larger spade and try to sell the stuff that pay to have it all bulldozed. luckly we bought our spade during a rough patch for big john and they had them marked down, and thru in the pod and a bunch of extras no$ but i think the spade (not truck) was roughly $70-77 but now with steal prices the way they are I don't have a clue what one cost

7. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

A 90 could go for just under 100k. No truck. What size is your spade. Is that the finished product? Why is it sticking above the ground?

8. BrandonV

mine is a 90d.. sticking out of the ground because of grade, city workers were comming in later to bring some soil/mulch... I was simply bringing a tree and diggin a hole

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Really? All the time or just cause you were workin for the city?

10. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

Sticking out of the ground? This make me curious, how low do you plant your trees?

Probably why he's replacing the previous tree is the it wasn't planted high enough.