tree job pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JasonFlippin, May 13, 2003.

1. JasonFlippin

JasonFlippin LawnSite Member

I recently completed a job for a new customer that entailed hauling 2 14ft trailer loads of tree branches away. I didn't have to cut them down just had to load them up and haul them away. My problem is I dont know how to charge the guy for this. It was just me individually doing it so it probably took 4-5 hours to get it all loaded up. I also had to walk about 100 yards to get to my trailer from where the tree was. I have never had to bid anything like this any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Read a few of the other posts on here and you will find it is best to agree on a price BEFORE doing the work.

Would you ever work for a regular employer for a couple days before knowing what they were goin to pay you?

Regular hourly rate for professional lawn service with NO equipment (just straight labor) is $20-$30. Depends on your market and conditions.

3. JasonFlippin

JasonFlippin LawnSite Member

The guy told me there was a lot to do in his yard and that was one of the things. He told me to send him a bill, so I don't think he is really too worried about it. But, again I have no idea what to even charge. I will check out the search and see. Thanks

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

5. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

5hrs x $30 = $150. thats $75 per load. thats what i charge, i just did 3 loads same stuff two days ago for $225. i brought mine back and am going to run it through a chipper , but if you cant do that figure in your dump fee. i'd try to get $100 per load.

6. mr.lawnzap

mr.lawnzap LawnSite Member
    from tulsa

better hope he pays you if you already did the work because if he didnt sign anything he legally dont have to

7. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

if he dont pay i would think he'd be looking at a real good possibility of havin that **** dumped back on his front yard!