Tree planting prices???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 1, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Guys,

I have a customer who wants three 12' Savannah Holly's planted in her front yard. How should i go about pricing this? What percent do yall suggest i mark up the trees?, labor, TIme??

Thanks!!!

WOOHOO ITS MARCH 1st~~~~~:usflag:

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

because of the special care involved for more expensive varieties and labor involved for picking up a tree of any form from a nursery then planting it with the proper care i charge about double the purchase price of a tree

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thanx Terrapro

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually charge triple. Only because we give a one year warranty. I need that extra to cover me incase of replacement. On larger jobs, we usually charge materials plus markup plus labor.

Chris

5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont warranty anything i plant unless i have a maintenance contract with the customer. that way i know it is taking care of properly and didnt die from neglect

6. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

we also charge 3 time the cost of tree. If they want it done cheaper I tell them to do it themselves or get someone that usually doesn't know what they are doing.
    We dont give warranty also unless I or a referral company does the maintance.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Double plus 20% the cost of the tree to pick up and delivery then charge to install whatever you charge per man hour

8. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Double the retail price plus your travel time.