tree planting prices?

Discussion in 'Fertilizers, Pesticides and Diseases' started by italianstallion69, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Tree cart with dually wheels and tape the ball dig the hole to the tape roll it in ,If its to deep roll tree one side add dirt then roll tree to the other side of the hole add dirt stand tree up.

Im old school I guess, Planted lots of trees that size 2.5-3''cal. over years. Not often I dig holes with a machine.

Now if its a new lawn install and trees go in before the lawn is done I take my 2ft auger and dig the hole and hand spade sides off.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Forgot add this Most I done in 1 day was 36 that's with 5 guys all put in by hand and that wasn't at one place either.
    Last fall did 15 trees all I could sell to install did that with 3 guys.
    All summer long I try sell trees for fall planting jobs. I rather plant trees in the fall.

3. italianstallion69

italianstallion69 LawnSite Member

What are you using to power that 24 inch auger? tractor PTO? hydraulic skid or mini skid auger?

Ive looked at the hydraulic augers on tractor with quick attach but

1 i have over 300 trees to plant for contracts, by hand is just too slow for our production rate
    2 I will likely get 2 contracts with another 200 trees

dont care for japanese machines, i want a cat 302.5 mini. Ive had no luck buying used equipment so Ive got to $$$ for new.

4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

that machine was bought new my dad in 2006 for his landscaping business, he used to crank out several retaining walls, patios, and landscape jobs a month, and that machine has paid for itself in about 2 years, it has also made me some really good money, its only 1400hrs and it still has no issues, and i doubt it ever will, it has a yanmar diesel, which are decent motors...

5. italianstallion69

italianstallion69 LawnSite Member

tried a bobcat hyd auger to plant trees- stupid. does not clean out hole, difficult to tell hole depth, wanders over rocks, does not stay centered.

mini ex all the way on trees.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

When I ran auger was on a 4600 Ford tractor It made the tractor talk

I know one guy around here runs a 2ft auger on a cat track thinking was a 289 or 287