tree planting

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cclllc, Jan 5, 2001.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what you all would charge to plant about 200 trees (6 ft . tall min.labor only).Also they want me to guarantee them for a year.

http://cclllc.homestead.com

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

What are the excavating conditions for the stock??
    What types of trees(evgrn-dec)??
    What kinds of equipment will you be using??

3. cclllc

Digging conditions are clay and sandy soil.Digging with auger(tractor mount)Trees are all decid.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

It's your call, but I wouldn't think of a guarantee on any plant material I did not supply. Is this for a homeowner's association by chance?

5. cclllc

No this is a commercial account.Some of the places I trade give me a year anyway on their nursery stock.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, the way I read it, I thought the property owner as supplying the trees. I thought they were asking for a warranty on their plants just because you planted them. LOL. I read "labor only" and made the assumption. We will usually give a warranty on plant material too as long as we supply it, even if the grower or nursery does not.

7. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the cost of the trees and auger?

8. Ocutter

Whats the cost of the trees and auger? Are you renting the auger?

9. cclllc

Auger is furnished by me.The trees vary in price.I need a price per tree on the labor.Trees will be moved by either skid steer or tractor.I'm sure someone out there has a price they charge to dig a hole,set a tree,and fill it back in.Thanks in advance.

10. Ocutter

Well, you say that the trees are 6' so that means that they are 7g pots or even 10g. Price we charge for landscaping is 2.5x the $ of plants which includes 1yr. guar. If ou want exact time and price, then I would figure 15 min per tree (unloading and digging) x 200 trees= 3000 min (50 hrs). 50 hrs x $50 (2 men x 25per hr) = $2500 for labor plus xxxxx for materials, pickup, and delivery.