Tree Problems

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 12, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

at my fathers house, we have an umbrella tree that is infected with insects eating it. it is a umbrella tree, it is mature, its been there for about 15-25 years or so. is their anything i can spray that WILL work to get the insects away and get it GREEN instead of BROWN! i will take a pic for you tommarow.

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

What the h*ll is an umbrella tree? Got a pic?

What kind of insects? Are they the cicada's? If so, they are not eating the tree, and the damage they will do will be minimal to a tree that is that age.

Though I'm sure someone will tell you a "kill all" insecticide, I'm hesitant to until I know more....

Dan

3. TREEGODFATHER

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

Umbrella tree???

Perhaps a Camperdown Elm?

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i will take a pic tommarow, the insect is called a "Japennsese" something, i cant remember the other word, tis Jappenese something.

5. D Felix

Japanese beetle?

If so, it's too early for those, at least up there.

I found one, ONE, on Thursday. About two weeks early around here, but everything has been two weeks early so far...........

Dan

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well the jap bettle was last years prob, and your right i havent seen em around here yet, so its must be something else tearing the tree apart.

7. D Felix

Get a picture. That's your best hope.

Dan

8. D Felix

Got a picture yet?