Tree Quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hootsma, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Hootsma

Hootsma LawnSite Member

I have a customer who requested an estimate for straightening a tree. He has a 4" - 6" dbh Oak tree that is about 15' - 20' tall and is leaning at about a 30 - 45 degree angle or so. The tree was blown to this orientation during one of the storms last year. It is well rooted in this position. How do you go about straightening a tree like this and what do you charge?

2. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

cut it down when the guy goes away and then clal him up and tell him it was stolen...

naw really not sure about that
  3. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

You own a bobcat, tractor, etc.?
  4. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

I don't do any straightening for less that 200 starting out.
    As far as straightening it you will need a bobcat and hopefully a knife for it to cut the roots on the side it is leaning toward so that it will allow u to pull it up straight. i do not recomend cuting them any closer than 3 or 4 feet from the tree. you may be able to pull it straight with a truck(redneck way). then i use guide wire and rebar. i plant the rebar at an angle in the ground with 5feet sections and then use a wire clamp to form a loop and then put some garden hose on the end around the tree and a clamp there also. pull the tree a little more that what u want and set the wire then let it go.