tree removal for county

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS lawn care, Oct 3, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was thinking about calling the county cause there was a branch that had broke off of a tree and they just pulled it off the road into the ditch area and never did anything with it. it would be a good day or day and a half to cut it up and haul it away. the biggest part of the branch would be about 28"-32" any ideas on what i should charge on doing something like this if i was to get it. i was thinking of around $650 to cut it up and haul it away.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

A branch that will take a day to a day and a half?
    If it is going to take you that long I would have to say you are not equiped for the job, And if the county drug it there i don't believe they are too concerned about it.650.00 sounds a bit steep , but hey good luck.JMO.
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

They'll just laugh at you. They drag them to the side of the road in hopes that someone will come along and take it for firewood. Then they come back later and chip up the smaller branches. At least that's what they do around here.
  4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

In NJ our road depts would shut down a lane of traffic, have about 20 to 30 guys out there, two foreman, 12 trucks, and would proabably be a two day project for something like that.. Our DOT's are bad around here....
  5. WildSide

WildSide LawnSite Member

6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

In my neighborhood the county had to cut down a few trees that had the ash bore disease and had died. We were put on a waiting list for one year. When the finally came out they shut down the street had 2 trucks 3 vans and about 15 people. One person cut down the tree then 2 people cut it up while every one else just stud around and watched. It was rather humorous to see. But as to what you were asking the county at least hear in Wayne county, dose all of there work they don't sub anything out unless they get overloaded. Like in a snow storm or something.