Tree Removal, How much?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mojob, Jul 30, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

How much would you guys charge to remove a thirty foot honey locust and grind the stump? I don't normally do tree removal, but it's on one of my HOA properties and they want me to remove it for safety reasons. The tree has about an 18" base with about a 15-20' span. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Call a licensed, insured tree company. I am surprised the HOA did not demand that. I did that a few times. Called the tree guys, got the price and had them do the job. Just passed the bill on to the HOA.

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I will add that you should confirm the tree man's insurance. One guy I called did have insurance, but I found out it was a landscaper's policy. He got real mad when he found out that I called his insurance company because they didn't know he was doing tree work. I like to cover my butt... he didn't.

What I do is find a qualified tree man. I get a price from him to knock the tree down and then I do the clean-up. Trees are much bigger when they are on the ground compared to standing upright.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Add even bigger when they are falling the wrong way:laugh: :laugh:
    I use two different tree guys and both are very well insured.
    The HOA has their policy on file (and up dates if they do more) and so do I

5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Thats what most of the landscapers do when I get subbed out.

BTW I if the tree guy won't send you a copy of insurance you know he's not good.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

As said don't touch it. Hire a Pro for that kind of work.