Tree Removal Tips

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Aug 4, 2006.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys and gals. I am trying to remove this tree from the landscape and wanted to see what you guys thought for the least evasive route to getting rid of the tree. Trying to keep the cost down, so stump grinding is out of the question. Thanks in advance for the help.

tree removal.JPG

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Spade it out!

3. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Which tree you talkin about?

Just cut it down. If you need to remove the stump you could burn it out with a slow hot fire.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

He's talking about the tree with the big black arrow pointing to it!!lol

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well that "big black arrow" is a little aneorexic... Hard to see that sucker!

If the stump and main roots are not going to be in the way of anything new going in just cut the sucker off as close to the ground as possible and apply some chemical to the stump that will prevent its re-growth. (tordon) It will rot and just be a small hole in the ground in several years.

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you need a bigger arrow for me. *trucewhiteflag*

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Took the tree out today. I just took a snatch strap and tied the tree off to the truck at the trunk put some tention on it and cut the main roots with an axe. I cut and dug until I could pull out the tree with the truck in such a way as not to disturb the turf. Sorry about the arrow. I will get me a big black magic marker for all the blind people next time. lol.

9. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

get yourself a piece of pipe, oh say 8 inches long and cap one end of.......whoops wrong site---------

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Tow straps and good trucks are the best! LOL. Did you pull up the turf with the roots? If you did, you may want to tell the homeowner to keep the area watered for a few days and apply a little fert. to the area.

A chain saw and a stump grinder is the correct method for future reference.