1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tree removal

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by oldturf, Oct 26, 2006.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

4' diameter regardless of what it is over is going to be SEVERAL thousands of dollars simply because of all the wood you are going to have to get rid of.

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

And, if it's been dead for any length of time, it will shatter when it hits the ground - making one HUGE mess to clean up.

3. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. It was late, I must've just looked at the price and not the size of the tree. That is a REALLY big tree to tackle and it is going to make a big mess.

Is this an oak or what? Typically, the harder the wood, the less mess it's going to make when it hits the ground but of course it depends on what condition it's in.

What kind of spread has this thing got? Pictures? I'm assuming you're going to try to limb it up before you start it leaning?

Whatever you do while cutting, make sure you have at least TWO clear escape paths away from the direction of the fall at all times. Dead or not, even a small piece of limb on top of the noggin' and they'll be plantin you under a tree.:hammerhead: :dizzy: :sleeping: