1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tree ring/root

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mgarn, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mgarn

mgarn LawnSite Member

I have a property that has a tree root pushing up the tree ring blocks that were all previously installed. They want to keep the tree rings but have me redo it. So I can raise it about 2 inches before everything will be to high and out of the grass. I could also make the ring just 1 block bigger but will either of these options be long lasting or will the tree root just push them up again in a few years? Any ideas on other options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Whittaker's Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

I had one like that, this is what I did, as the roots grow it will probably have to.be repeated or grown, depending.on how big you do it at first

3. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Posted via Mobile Device it will not.let me post pics, sorry

4. mgarn

mgarn LawnSite Member

No worries man.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

So what I did was take brick, really any work I let the client pick.the one she liked, then I cut a 1inch trench in a circle around the tree, so the bricks could fit then I did another layer on top about 5" tall in total. Then filled it with compost for a flower bed. Looks way better.then a plastic ring!