1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree services, unfavorable outcomes on two levels

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Roger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Country Boyz has often been in neighborhoods I work. In my limited observations, everything said in the story is exactly how I saw it (with exception of the saw/wire interaction).

Somebody looses their life, and a huge fine is imposed. I am doubting they have the means to pay this fine. All equipment could be liquidated and they would have only a fraction of the money. Equipment was shoddy, working procedures unorthodox, reckless behaviors on site, ... no surprise to me.

Oh yes, I've seen them a few times recently, ... same patterns as when the accident happened.

Be safe, folks. Do the work right and safely, or don't do it at all.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I have a client that called me the other day and wanted some fall cleanup done, and to bring my chainsaw.

He had a small, 20ft tree that was dead and had fallen onto a power line in the back of his property. Needless to say I passed on that one. No way was I touching it.
  3. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i love tree work