Tree stake removal charge??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by vanguard, Mar 14, 2007.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Hey guy's,
    I just picked-up a new maintenance account and there's quite a few (8-12) trees that have been staked for over a year and need to be removed before the mowing season begins. I've got a puller for the barbed wire "T" posts and there are a few treated round wood ones. What should I charge a piece to remove them? :confused:

Thanks! :waving:

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

If It Was Me And I Just Picked Up A New Customer. I Wouldn't Nickle And Dime Them Right Off The Bat. I Would Remove What Is Needed And Just Tell The Customer That You Did It For Free This Time. They Should Appr. That.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

its gonna set you back about an hour... save the Metal stakes, and the next few extra's job you get from the client, throw the labor to remove them in as fluff....You still you get your money, and the Client still thinks they got something for nothing....But an hour of time Should not break the bank, you coulds add it to the Spring Clean up bill as well....

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with these guys. Go ahead and do it, and if it is that important that you get paid for it, just fluff and extra service down the road. Little things like that are not going to break you and my not obviously charging for it can set you apart from other companies that stand at the door with thier hand out every time they pull a weed.

5. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

You guys are right!

It's on a high visibility corner lot,(main entry road to several hundred more homes) and I'm hoping to add a couple more in the same neighborhood. It will be a good P.R. investment.

THANX :waving: