1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree Transplanting

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MOOSE, Dec 22, 2004.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Is it to late to have a tree brought in on a truck spade and planted. We have snow on the ground and I know frost is not deep. I had a guy lined up for past 3 months and he never did it. This guy gave me excuse after excuse but no tree. I really need to get it done but thought I would have to wait until March.
  2. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem for a deciduous tree...oak, maple, etc.
    Bigger concern over an evergreen...blue spruce. That should wait until spring.
  3. shadybz

shadybz LawnSite Member

I operate 90, 60, and 45 inch truck mounted tree spades. Up until this week frost was not an issue, however this week was another story. Even my 90 inch Big John could not dig in some areas. As for the health of the trees goes,now is a great time to do it(and yes even evergreens). The old timers will tell you that any month that has a "R" in it is good for transplanting trees.
  4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

shadybz, Contact me.

I would love to talk to you about moving some trees. In spring though.

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

It should be fine.