1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tree treatment for bagworms

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by nvrstsfd23, Dec 1, 2006.

1. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 LawnSite Member

I have bid I need help with 120 tree 10 feet average height that need to be treated for bagworms. The chemical price seems pretty low but I need to know should I just charge how much per tree or what. Thanks for any help.
  2. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Too late this year!
    Can only be controlled when feeding.(approximately June - September)

Go online to Ohio State U. / Entomology dept.and get a data sheet on bagworms.

Or ontact locasl extension agent.
  3. nvrstsfd23

no this if for a bid for next year and I will be spraying them in june.
  4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I charge $165 per hour for insect management.
    You need to figure out your spray time including moving the truck, dragging the hose etc.
  5. nvrstsfd23

Its a berm that easily accessible over a 3/4 of a mile roughly how many trees could you spray in an hour
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

What 'cide are you using ??
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd try to keep it under $20 a tree. For that volume and as easily accessible as they sound like they are. Somewhere between $20 and $15 per tree, if they are truly only 10 feet high. Only you can decide, as it is based on competition levels and what the market will bear for you. That should be a start.
  8. nvrstsfd23

talstar is one i used before that worked well
  9. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

True, very true. Add your chemical cost to how much you want to make for the job and decide if the market will bear that. Not as many guys carry that category an the lawn category and the guys that do, have enough experience to realize the value of their knowledge and time.
  10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd figure 2-3 minutes per tree actual spray time but allow for truck moving, hose pulling and wind up. travel time to and from the job and depending on your tank size, allowfor refilling ifthat applies to you. I also like to consider how I have to schedule a job like this,ie early morning for no wind, etc.