Tree Trimming Hedge Clipping Help!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Wright48, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Ive trimmed bushes and headges before but whenever i get done it never has the look and the lines of a more experienced landscaper im just wondering if theres a special tecnique to trimming hedges and shrubs so you can get that very clean neat and uniform look ????????????:confused:

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

its more or less a aquired skill. Plus a fluid motion is better instead of stopping and starting.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

years of experience! and lots of it !

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

steady hands, continuous fluid motion, and sharp blades, and a LOT of practice

5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

You for got to say more frequent pruning. You have got to help train the bush or hedge

6. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

strong forearm muscles, lol...man i remember when i had to hand prune and shear a couple thousand shrubs in 1 week at an apartment community.

7. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

all repsonses are true.... and the one about training the hedge is true too.... You may wish to stop at a local garden center or nursery as they do occasinally offer a free 1-2 hour pruning class....

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wright,
    Please explain a bit more...Is it that the stuff doesn't come out shaped quite right or how you want it, or is it that the cut doesn't come out as clean, therefore not right?

9. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

another question may be...

what makes the shrubs big pros cut, Right?

i think u need to study on how prunning SHOULD be done

then modifie ur skills a little and have YOUR own unique way of prunning shrubs
    don't try to make your lines like the other guys. be different