1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tree Trimming

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Splicer, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Utilizing my bucket truck, what would you guys charge to do tree trimming??? The boom gives a traight up 32 ft working height...straight up. Can't do that because the limbs have to fall somewhere and I don't want one landing on my windshield...:hammerhead:
  2. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

In my area (use to work for a tree service localy) its 35 a man hour on the ground 65.oo per hour in the bucket. as far as the problem of being straihgt up at 35 feet and stuff hitting your windshield there are 2 simple fixes for that. 1 Either cut the branches small and throw them far to the side so they dont hit the truck.

2 or throw a rope over a crotch in the tree tie it off to the branche and have some one lower the branche to the ground.

3 also if working solo take small cuts you can handle rig a rope on them tie them solid to the tree make your cut, then untie and lower to the ground your self, only problem with this is you have to go down and untie every time.

I would hire a helper to rope and load or chip while your trimming when he's not neede he can be rakeing,blowing,chipping,etc.

so for example say the job takes 2 hours total clean up and everything.

65.00 an hour for the bucket and 35 for the helper that would be 200.00

100x2=200.00 and your done the home owner probaly wouldnt mind that price for a job well done, just dont tell them what you are charging per hour