Tree value?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mlc4163, Jul 2, 2002.

1. mlc4163

mlc4163 LawnSite Member

Can anyone give "estimated" value of a sugar maple in the 25' to 30' range. Need to make a point with a customer as to why I mulched an area instead of letting the mowing crew simply run over exposed roots and against trunk. Is there a place on the web or a book I can get that would give this type of info?

2. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Nobody here will be able to give you an estimated value for this tree. In order to get the value for this tree you will need to call 3 CONSULTING ARBORISTS. These guys are liscensed with the ISA to do consulting work. Not all arborists are consulting arborists. I believe normal consulting fees are about $60 an hour with at least a 1/2 hour minimum. You need to get 3 of these guys in, each will give an estimated value for the tree. You must take the middle value.

3. I'd try the guys at abor site. Bet they can give you a ball park on it. They've been very helpful to me.

www.ArboristSite.com

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

my professor gave an apprasal on sugar maples about that size ( they we to be removed by the city to widen the road) he was saying ( i believe it was) each tree was worth around 8k. but you have to have aborist come out and look at it. if you were closer i would say i would apraise them but i need this year as experience then i'll take the test next year, alreay had the class and 2 years experince but 1 year i didn't do enough with trees.

5. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Joshua, that's pretty darn impressive that you are able to become a CONSULTING arborist with only 1 year of school and 2 years experience. I believe the requirements to become a consulting arborist is a minimum of a 4 year degree in urban forestry or something similar, as well as SEVERAL years of experience, plus quite a few CEU's. But then again, what do I know??

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

already had the class you are referring to. but what do you know.