Treegal could you explain your air system

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by wallzwallz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Treegal, I was wondering if you could give me the details of your air system on your brewers? I believe you said you use a sweetwater regenerative blower? How do you run it from there and what diffusers do you use? I have more questions but can probably get by w/ those for now. thanks Mike

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we run 3 blowers, on for tea air and fish air with a side port for washing bio fuel.this is plumed with 3' pvc, and ball valves. we have one dedicated to a large tea brewer, this has a pressure bleed and neoprene diffusers(diy large 45 cfm)x 4 that run at 53" water pressure, we have a small one that does the large compost pile, 2 inch pvc with 3/8 holes.

the small brewer has a diy neoprene diffuser also, the fish diffusers are to small and not the cfm range you really need. a lot of people try them, and they work, me, just to much hassle, and not what you want for 1550 gallons of tea, and there hard to clean.

3. wallzwallz

Thanks, is that 3' or 3" pvc? I need pics if it's 3' lol. I need to up my air in a 100 gal brewer, when the water gets hot,80ish, I have trouble keeping the air at 8ppm. The last brew I had to use 20 gallons of tea and add 20 gallons of cold water and ice to the brewer. I lowered the temp by 10 degrees, and the DO shot up to the high 8's. I think I need more air for this hot weather we are having. I will need more info on diy neoprene when you have chance ,please. Thanks Mike

4. treegal1

:laughing:3" pvc pipe, if you blower has 11/2" out lets you need 3 " pvc to run it. yes hot weather is going to do it, try starting at 86 and try to keep up!!!!thats why we have a profanely large air setup. try some bloks of ice or a ac unit for the tea, 1550 gallons in a large room will heat it up to......like hell.

the only thing i am going to give away about the diff, think tire hole, or pass the plate. jk, whats so hard about this, water air poo stir till its foams, molasses and fish to taste, 2 vit c and a slip in the slide and your out the door with tea.
    maybe i do need to make a payment plan..........try 105 degrees and get good tea, that's some thing to talk about.

5. treegal1

here look all ya want, this is at the 47 hour mark, it will get up and go to work on its own.

love brew.jpg

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Wallz, there is great info on this site for customizing systems, they have almost everything you could want and good prices too

The support staff is top notch give em a call if you have questions, these folks support all of the big aquariums.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/categories/Aeration/111/0/

7. treegal1

yep thats the site, theres even a guy in tech that loves every one of my 35000 questions that i gave him, and his answers are good to!!

this tea brew thing, when we got started and set out on our own, into the darkness, we had this mystic expectation of how this all worked, its simple almost high-school science, and the mechanics are only as hard as you make them, stick to the .08 cfm to the gallon with 1-2 mm bubbles and your almost there. hint the longer the bubble takes to get to the top the more gas exchange takes place.

8. treegal1

now i am sitting thinking, how about an oxygen concentrator, and finer bubbles? any one seen this in real life??

9. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I always been told too small of bubbles and the herd has nothing to grow on. But then again what is too small?

10. wallzwallz

I do use aquaticeco already and plan on upgrading thru them. I was looking at the S11 1/8 hp sweetwater regen. blower. It's the air stones or diffusers that are getting me. None seem big enough. Sweet pic there treegal of that brewer. I can almost smell it lol.