trees and commercial parking lots?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AuburnGuy, Mar 8, 2004.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

So far i have not done any commercial jobs, but as I have been looking at different properties I have noticed some lots have mature trees on islands and areas with little grass. How do you guys deal with these in the fall. Blowing them on the islands and mulching would not be an option. How do you guys handle this?
  2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Several differant ways you could do that depending on what type of equipment you have.

1. Blow all leaves on to median and trac-vac or bag them.

2. Blow all leaves into a pile on or near median and hand load or suck up with truck loader.

3.(this is my prefered method excecially if you have more than one median/tree combo in same lot.) has to be done with an empty lot.

Figure out which way the winds blowing then pic a spot in the parking lot so that you can use the wind to your advantage to help you blow the entire parking lot out at one. ussually a back pack and a push blower work well for this. Keep going back and forth the entire lot until you have it in one pile. then all you have to do is suck it up with the leaf loader.
  3. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Eric. Good info.