Trench Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Mar 28, 2000.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I was looking into buying one (model F-780H) to cut edges on my properties. Do these really work well and are they worth the $2200.00 price tag?

2. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

Great machine! I rented one last week for a new install. 685ft. of bed edge @ .65 per ft. is easy $$$ for about 2hrs. work. I've rented them several times and am to the point I'm considering a purchase myself.

3. nlminc

from GA

CLM1, thanks for thr info. I haven't found anyone who rents them in my area. .65/ft sounds great! Is that just to cut the new edge or is it with installing some form of edge material. Also is there a lot of clean-up generated from this machine.<p>Thanks, Chris

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

They're awesome. Very little to no clean-up and worth every penny of their 1699.00 price tag (plus cutter wheel)

5. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

If I can make over $200 an hour as clm1 did, hell I'll take two of them. :) It doesn't take long to pay for one at that rate. <p>John

6. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

My price is just for cutting/outlining the bed edge. Nothing more nothing less.

7. nlminc

from GA

Thanks for the info CLM1 and Lazer, I bought the Trench Master and now I'm wondering how I ever worked without it! I can't get over how easy it is and the makes edging look great with very little effort <br>Chris

8. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Never seen one of these before. Does anyone have a web site for info?

9. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Clml,Lazer and Nlminc,I started a discussion on installation of commercial black edging over in the landscaping forum please feel free to add to it..Trench Master was brought up..How do they work if you have &quot;wild curves&quot; in your bed designs?<p>----------<br>John <br>

10. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

nlminc, congrats. on your new toy! Keep tabs and let us all know how long it takes you to pay for it. My guess = 12-14hrs..<br>As for curves they work really nice. This truly is a great piece of equip..