1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trenchblade review

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DLAWNS, Apr 4, 2008.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I purchased the trenchblade a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to try it out until yesterday. It saved me hours. I had to edge the beds and mulch everything at one of my commercial properties. There are beds everywhere. I would have never finished if I had to hand edge everything. My method was: I went around and edged all of the beds and one of my guys followed me around with a flat shovel and a rake just to finalize the bed before the mulch was installed. I used it a lot yesterday and it didn't even seem to wear down that much. The price is very reasonable, if you ask me. When I first heard about the product I called them up to ask more questions and get some more info. I spoke to James Cook and he was very helpful and friendly. He explained the pricing, told me about the product and when it would be shipped. I got the exact day he said I would. I highly recommend the trenchblade.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am getting ready to use mine today for the same reasons. i hope it will do great, i think it will. it has been a couple of years since it has been installed, some of the old edge is still in place. let you all know when i am done.
  3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I have one and it does work good. You can tryone like I did for less than 10 bucks including shipping.
  4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I'd be interested in more opinions. I guess as the product gains users we'll find out it's true value.
  5. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

What is the trenchblade? Where do you get it? Thanks in advance for the reply.
  6. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

The trenchblade is this awesome invention that I came up with, one of those things that was right in your face and you didn't even know you needed it until I brought it to the market place, wait, wait, wait my ego wont stop typing lol. Here we go. The Trenchblade is a specialty edger blade that fits on most stick edgers, basically turning your edger into a mini trenching machine. You can create new bed lines, reclaim old bed lines, and maintain bed lines for crispness and installing mulch or pine straw. You can get it on my website, www.trenchblade.com. or in a few stores in Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Maine. We are on a big push with some distributors to get out products in to landscape supply stores across the country.
  7. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Looks like a great product...I see why you've got proud thing going on:dancing:....Its a shame that it won't work on Redmax stick edger...any suggestions?
  8. Trenchblade

Next week we will have a modle that will work on redmax and the curved shaft stihl clearing up any compatibility issues with stick edgers. We will also be researching and producing a 9" and 10" trenchblade that will fit on some popular walk behind edgers. We will post here and on our website when these new products are shipping.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a redmax stick edger and it works just fine...unless you mean the bent shaft.
  10. Trenchblade

Yea, its the curved shaft ones. Not the best design.