Trenchblade Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I received my Trenchblade over the weekend. After opening the package and taking the Trenchblade out, it was just as I thought. A simple edger blade that was put on a metal brake and bent on both ends. But this is something we all knew. I anticipated using it this morning on some beds we were freshening up with pine straw. We arrived on the job site and started to put the Trenchblade on the Echo edger. It can go on one of two ways, the right way and the wrong way. We contemplated for a few seconds, then figured out which way it should be installed. I fired up the edger and headed around to the back of the property where the beds were. I started edging just as you would with a normal edger blade. My edger wheel was adjusted midway, so I stopped and adjusted it all the way up in order to get as deep of a trench as I could. I made the initial pass with the edger. I thought it was pretty good. But in an attempt to make it better, I walked backward with the edger, giving the trench a second pass in reverse. Doing this really cleaned out the trench. We installed the pine straw and I tucked it into the trench. The beds look great. I usually use a shovel to really define bed edges, but this is obviously MUCH quicker and does a better job. It would have taken me about 30 minutes and a lot of sweat to define these bed edges with a shovel. Using the Trenchblade, it took about 5 minutes, and it did a better job.
    I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first about the Trenchblade. But I am now a believer. I only ordered one to demo. I will be ordering in bulk next time. The Trenchblade is one of those things that make you think, "Dang, I wish I thought of that!" It is well worth the $4. I highly recommend the Trenchblade. This will be one of those products that will become an everyday item all lawn care and landscape professionals will have in their inventory. It really is a no-brainer, everybody should use the Trenchblade.

2. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a few a two weeks ago. Get the great news on this board that they aren't shipped yet. I cry about it. The guy overnights them to me...but the post office won't leave them on my porch....sooo......they are still sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up (because we had to get through a job w/ out them....fake the beds w/ edger blades).

I'm sure they'll do a good job for us.

Peace

3. Grits

from Florida

That's unfortunate that you didn't receive them for your job. I think you will really like the Trenchblade.

4. poulnott1971

poulnott1971 LawnSite Member

I think it sux put the blade on both ways still worked the same also had to take the screw out that held the shield on because it hit when the blade turns also the thing vibrated so bad it was hard to hold and ontop of that tried to email the place several time and never got a reply thats been about two months now.

5. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I had ordered some for my Stihl split shaft unit. They responded quickly to some e mails to make sure they would fit my unit, apparently they will only fit the straight shaft model. About a week later I had not received them and was about to call when I received an e mail explaining that they had die problems, and had received new dies and that they would be shipped the next day, they then arrived promptly.

6. Grits

from Florida

What kind of edger do you have?

7. Grits

from Florida

Shipping was quick. I got mine in about 3 or 4 days.

8. poulnott1971

poulnott1971 LawnSite Member

i have a straight shaft echo.

9. Grits

from Florida

I didn't know Echo made a straight shaft edger. What is the model # and how old is it?

10. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

Whats your email addy. I dont recall any emails from you. Please hit me back and i will send you a replacement that will fit and work right.