Trenchblade review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolluv, Jun 29, 2008.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Well I finally tried out the Trenchblade that I purchased. I don't know if I had it on backwards or not but it seemed to work better when I went backwards. I didn't have time to switch it around to see if it worked better, but I will say I was impressed with it. I was skeptical at first but after using it I really like it. I still think that it is a little over priced but I have to say I like it.

I had a new customer with some mulch and pine straw beds that did not have any definition to them at all,(The pine straw and mulch was already down,it looked like the homeowner did it) so I thought let me see if I can make these beds look better. It was the perfect opportunity to try it out. It was a learning experience for me and I didn't know what to expect. I started off on the side of the property where no one would notice that much if I messed up, but it only took a few minutes and I had the hang of it. I did one side and then the front and back and other side. I even did a tree ring on the front of the property.

It looked good. I finished it off with my string trimmer to get the edge nice and crisp. I finished everything up and showed the customer and they were very pleased with it. So was I. I did not measure how many feet it was but I would guess it was around 200 feet in all. It only took me about 15 minutes to make the edge look good. I'm sure with some practice I can get it done faster but for a first time that was pretty good.

Well I just thought I would let everyone know what my experience was. I like it and like I said in another post, I wish I would have come up with it. Good product.:clapping:
  2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya..i thought about buying some of those blades to try..i have a bunch of the regular stick edger blades left so maybe once those run out i might get some......
  3. readycutlawncare

readycutlawncare LawnSite Member

Yeah I have a town home community and when it was time to put down pine straw we used the trench blade and after we tucked the pine straw right down in the trench and it looked very good when done. i bought ten blades, i need to order some more!
  4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

You don't want to use the Trenchblade in the place of what you would do with a regular edger blade