1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EJD Lawnpride, Apr 14, 2008.

1. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got to use the Trenchblade for the first time today. It is GREAT! It does a really good job at edging beds. All we had to do is go around with a spade and loosen hard pact soil away from the edge afterwards. It was so easy. I went forward then walked backwards with it and it made a 3in. edge perfectly. It was really surprising. Great product Trenchblade! The only thing i found wrong is it doesn't like the sidewalk edging to much, my blade started to fray at the ends. But for the $, just buy more.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, awesome product.
  3. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks a lot. I am glad it is working out well for you. Going backwards through the edge will send the soil flying into the bed so you wont have to use a shovel to scoop it out. Just make sure it is a bed with no cars or windows near by! It will wear down a little faster on the hard edges as opposed to the soft edges, but so will any tool you use on the concrete. But thanks again and I am glad the Trenchblade is saving you some time and money on your bed lines.
  4. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Im going down to Acworth for a wedding this weekend and am going to pick some up while im in Dallas at the outdoor place. I called them and they arent open on Saturdays so i better get my ass moving Friday before they close at 5:30. I heard they work well so we'll try some.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Mr trenchblade isnit there free shipping on a certain # of blades.

Excellent product Ya'll try it.
  6. Trenchblade

Yea, free shipping on 50 or 100 packs. If you get into town and have any problems getting blades give me a call.
  7. Trenchblade

If you are in town and have any problems getting blades give me a call and I will personally make sure you can get some.
  8. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I am leaving from bowling green ky about noon on friday and i believe its about a 4 hour drive so as long as i dont hit construction or traffic i hope i can get there by 5:30. Is there a number i can reach you at? I was hoping you would be open saturday because the wedding isnt until the evening so i had planned nothing all day. Anyways if i could get contact info that would be great. I am looking to buy 5 to 10 blades just to start to try out.
  9. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

TRENCHBLADE.. I have a question about your product? I was looking at it and noticed that it was a great idea that was apply to a well used item. My qusetion is do you worry about people copying you product? I am only asking because i see knock offs all the time and before i started my business i was a Sheet Metal Journeyman and by the looks of you idea it would take much to fabricate.
    P.S. I am not implying anything i am just asking so please don't read in to my question. I plan on purchasing some trench blades for my business.
  10. Trenchblade

I don't worry about that very much at all. It looks pretty easy to make your own Trenchblades, but if the bends are not the same height it will vibrate a lot, if the bends off a good bit it will try to take off like an airplane. The bends are made by a very expensive computer controlled 60 ton Accupress. The Trenchblades are made at an aerospace fabrication shop that makes parts for military aircraft and helicopters. You defiantly could make your own Trenchblades if you are a handy, crafty kind of person and I cant be mad at you, cause I am a handy and crafty kind of person myself. If the Trenchblade was way,way over priced and I thought it was a brilliant idea, I might try to make my own flat blade into a Trenchblade too. Now, if someone tried to make them and sell them and it was infringing on my patent I would have to let me attorney send them a cease and desist letter. My patent is rock solid to protect The Trenchblade. It covers my blade being bent at a range from 0.016" to 0.78", basically meaning if you tried to make a knock off and sell it, the bend would either be too small of a bend to be effective at making any kind of trench at all and to be too big of a bend to still fit onto an stick edger. so I got that part on lock down. People can grow there own food, but most of us still go the the grocery store to get food, same thing with tobacco, moonshine and most other tangible goods. I know people see the Trenchblade and start thinking that its just an bent edger blade, I could do that and make my own, and I am sure some people will try it and fail and some people will make some that will work just fine. I Think the Trenchblade is priced just right to be well worth what it does and everyone who has bought one has loved it. My goal is to build it up and sell it off to a company who makes blades and it is going very well so far. I hope you get some and make it a part of the way you do your thing. It gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside to know that invented a product that is changing the way people do there trenching of the bed lines and makes people happy. That makes me happy.