1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trenchers+CTL Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Just thought would share a few pictures of a different use of CTL an why a wheel machine doesn't cut it for what is do.:usflag:

Tiling Job 001.jpg

Tiling Job 006.jpg

Buckeye 7200 037.jpg

Buckeye 7200 038.jpg

Tiling Job 005.jpg

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys farm or are you doing drains for a farmer?? looks like you got a lot of drainage to do.. also is that an angle blade on that skid??

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

That yellow rig looks like a massive vibratory plow.

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Sheesh, now I guess I have got to learn how to post pics......

5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

How you like the Deere:confused: I think I may have asked you before,but who can remember

6. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Construct'O looks good. How do you guys like the blade on the CTL? I have heard some people complain that it is not as easy to control as on a dozer.

7. dons

dons LawnSite Member

I have to say, the JD 332 track machines seem like the cats meow to me. I stopped by our local dealer last week just for a looksie, impressive in a simple way if that makes sense. Wish I could justify a need for one.....:rolleyes:

Cool pictures.

8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Construct'O, I was wondering the same thing. I've only ran a blade attachment on a wheeled skid, and I didn't like it. I've always wanted to try one on my Deere.

Is that blade a 6 way PAT? The one I used was only a 4 way.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

do you have any bad things to say about the deere im thinking about buying one very soon?

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we had a 6 way blade on our takeuchi...the thing was very difficult to control becuase you not only had to worry about the blade height using the curl but you also had to worry about using the loader arms the raise and lower the blade. Plus on the takuchi you have to press all kinds of buttons to change it from angle to tilt. Another problem we had was never being able to release te hydraulic pressure to get the couplers in. Our dozer is MUCH easier to operate so we sold the blade a few months ago