Tri-City Lawn Care's Thread...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Nov 16, 2011.

1. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing LawnSite Member

how big is your trailer, a 12 footer? Tiny for a tandem but they pull way better than a single. Nice work brother. Thanks for the post. I started just as you focusing on maintenance but with a background with planting installation grabbed everyone I could. Now I focus on them and hardscapes....keep up the good work!

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks great man.

3. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Thanks man. I like my trailer. bought it used at the beginning of the season, it's an upgrade from my 5x10 single axle. It has electric brakes, but something is off with the wiring in my dash, i'm not getting any juice for the brakes at the tail end of my truck, I'll figure it out this winter. As for pulling easier, it's debatable. It's harder on the tires and more difficult on tight turns, but other than that i love it. Good luck to you.

Thanks for checking out my thread.

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Cool thread, its cool that you've started a family and got your foot in the door in this business. I hope all goes well for you. I love the little BX25 also! So are you pleased with where you're at now? Or are you always looking to grow the business? Because it looks like your trailer is getting a little crammed, and you're definitely working your truck.

5. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

First of all, thanks for the compliments. Our first little one is due any day now. Next month I'll be a quarter of a century old ;) and I love this business. I plan on continuing to grow my business. I'm taking it slow and steady. I will be heading into my fourth year in business and this year I'm really hitting the commercial side hard. By that i mean trying to get my foot in the door with property managers. I'm putting in a dozen or so proposals for work in 2012, but my biggest objective is getting my foot in the door for more/bigger contracts for 2013 and beyond. So I guess that was a long answer for YES i'm growing my business. My biggest thing is I'm still trying to do it debt free for now, but come fall I'll be buying a new/used 2500hd to add to my young fleet. Trailer is cramped but works well for now. Thanks for looking, man.:usflag:

6. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Great looking set up! If you don't mind me asking did you purchase that kubota new or used? If used how many hours on it?:drinkup:

7. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

Well both Kubotas were purchased new. The Bx25 isn't mine, it's my fathers. I bought my zg222 brand new. I love it, the only thing that i wish was a little better was cut quality. It NEVER EVER losses power (boggs down), but i can't go very fast and still get a nice cut with it (by fast i don't mean full throttle, but a decent speed).

8. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Keep on growing man! Glad to hear your family is going well, and I hope you continue to love the business. By the way when you say a quarter of a century you make yourself sound old!

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

2012 is my fourth season. I just bought this skid sprayer, and crafted some pallet forks for the kubota so that i can load/unload it from my trailer. I used channel Iron. It's not pretty, but it does the job. The Kubota struggles a bit lifting it up.

photo-2.JPG

photo-3.JPG

10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks cool, is the front tire on the Kubota flat ?