Tried a T300 today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SiteSolutions, Apr 30, 2008.

1. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Monday I ran over a sapling with my T-190 and it found a one inch hole in the belly pan. Then it made a hole in my hydraulic reservoir. Then I called the tow truck.
    Dealer might have it done by lunch tomorrow. He was so booked that I only 2nd day aired the parts.
    Which brings me to... I tried out a T-300 today. Big, but still won't load a triaxle with a root grapple. At least it can push the root grapple through the top few inches of dirt. Can't wait to get my loader back. That large frame loader takes up the whole trailer and weighs a good bit, too.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats just bad luck.

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

What.....having to use the T300:laugh:

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Hi ! SS glad to see your back.Been wondering if you was still going or not.You said things was slow ,the last few times you posted.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.Hopefully you didn't do any damage to the engine.The repair bill will be good size,by the sound of what all happened?

I take it you was clearing trees when this all happened????

So you wasn't that impressed with the bigger loader then i take it:rolleyes:?Good luck :usflag:

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The T190 has 2 holes in the belly pan, both for drainage, I'm guessing the sapling went through the hole(s)?

6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same thing happen to my T300 but it wasent a sapling it was a fence post. Sucks dosent it. The plate that was over the hole came off and I never knew it.

I can load a triaxle with my root rake on my T300, what kind of rake are you using?

7. SiteSolutions

I haven't given up; just lost my internet service for a couple months:cry:

Glad I hung in there; the last 5 or 6 weeks I have been busier than a 1 legged man in a butt kicking contest! It is SO nice to have the warm weather back!

I was pushing a few trees and a little dirt; it should have only taken an hour or two.

The T300 had some pushing power, but I missed my loader; I'm used to it.

8. SiteSolutions

Yup. The left hole is right under the hydraulic reservoir. The sapling came up and pried against the hose and fitting coming off the bottom of the tank, and broke a 1" x 2" chunk out of the tank, fitting, hose and all just dangling there. Made me sick.

I am wondering about "up-armoring" by maybe having a piece of plate welded on stand-offs inside the bottom of the loader, to deflect that sort of stuff but still allow for drainage. Then again, that would be a big pain to do it right... seems like they could build em that way in the first place a lot easier than having to go back and re-do em.

9. SiteSolutions

I was using the Bobcat root grapple... it would reach over in the truck, but once 1/3rd full, it just starts bringing the stuff back out when you curl it back to you. And these are some tall triaxles, late model, high steel sides. a root rake with short tines would probably have worked better. I had a Case 210 trackhoe w/ thumb on this job, tho, so I just used the loader to push the brush up in piles and let him load it out.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's better to tap and drill some holes on the underside, just like the foot well covers, but use socket head cap bolts so they don't round off.
    I never had any issue with that, I always had mud caked in there so tight it was an eternal "butt plug". :laugh: