1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tried the T, Z, and GL out at the GIE...my take

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Nov 2, 2013.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I did not go to the show this year. I did last year. I have had 3 PG machines. After this one 800 hours thus far....I am leaning towards a Z. Not only do you have to think of how the machines operate but to me a huge deal breaker is:1. Service 2. parts. 3. return my call. PG compnay is poor with this. How does the Lt richy Z sprayer or GL service department? How is there overall maintance of machine? Yes after 3 PG machines maybe a lesson learned but I have liked them. But there is always an issue that arises with them. My 2 cents.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with most of this. I have been overall happy with my PG, but there just seems to be a lot of little stuff needing replacement with them, on a consistent basis. To me, PG's have far too many breakable cables. I want to get away from that. Then you have to call PG and if you get someone, it is $20 for the part and $20 to ship. That is a rip folks. That is why I am considering the 3 in the title of this thread and not another PG.

3. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

We would have switched to GL already but their support is poor at best. LT just won't get me a 36r to see and is even hinting they might not keep offering it. That's our first choice for their support alone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Why do you feel GL is poor? Important to know this.

5. Efficiency

from zone 6

Never once have I talked to someone who answers the call I place. If Im lucky I get a call a day after leaving a message. Sometimes it's more than a day. Their shipping takes a day or 2 more than LT s too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

I'll have to weigh in on that, that is a big deal when you are dealing direct with the company.

7. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

It sure is. How is the response time and experience dealing with their web site compared to telephone? Sounds like they need more employees or fewer service issues.

8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I wonder why hint of not making the 36r? Volume not there? The JDL around here didn't sell many compared to the max or intermediate. Thinking most of the small fenced yard are staying tank and hose apps around here. Makes some sense since most fenced yards are small and if their are big they have a large gate somewhere.

I have one back yard I can't get in and push spread it and use the reel from the z spray.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Been using GL machines for 2 full seasons. They don't always answer the phone but they always call back timely.
    As far as parts always get the next day.

Do you have a GL?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Efficiency

from zone 6

yes
    Posted via Mobile Device