Tried the T, Z, and GL out at the take

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Nov 2, 2013.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Our mowing outfit uses ZTR stand-on mowers. (like Z-Sprays). They are limited on hills/slopes and wet turf. Going up hills is dangerous -- popping wheely's just before they tip over. Zero turning on wet turf also causes turf damage.

Ground Logic is merely an improved Permagreen. Good luck with that unless you are a serious LCO.

We tried the Ground Logic, and we tried (all sizes) of Z-Sprays.

We run three T3000's. Here's a photo of two of my T-Men who just rolled in. One of these T's treated 31 lawns today (over 750,000 square feet).

2. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Can put my Z on any hill you can put your T on Period.
    So you use ZTR mowers does that mean your guys are tearing turf?
    Maybe if the turf is wet you just make a little wider turn (Duh)
    31 lawns, average day nothing special.
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

750k sq ft of turf in one day is quite a jag.
  4. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

750K sq ft worth of material and the T on a 3/4 ton pick-up almost don't believe it. Again an average day for a Z.:laugh:
  5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow my head is spinning! I have a PG now and want to buy another ride on for employee in a year but I don't even know where to start!
  6. georgialawn88

I just went to the GL website and called. The guys were very helpful and very nice. answered every question I had. The only down fall is theyre in ohio. The only way I could demo this is to fly to Kentucky. haha. BUT they were super helpful. It seems to be build like a PG but better with less bells and whistles but does the same job. Something for me to think about in the future. Right now im running a PG
  7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I was so familiar with the PG Magnum and liked it so much that I bought my first GL without even trying it out. Since they we have bought 5 more. Got 3 more coming as after Jan 1st.

Glad you called and they took care of you. I have NEVER had an issue of them not taking my call or calling me back.

The GL is a glorified PG mag. Much nicer and easier to use.
    Can't say enough good about the unit.

Plus they are 2-3000 less then other ride ons.

Good Luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I do a few sites that are 1 and 1.2 million square feet by myself in one day with a Z Max.
  9. georgialawn88

Rodney creech,
    I did tell them I spoke to you via phone the other day. he obviously knew you and had kind words. I do have one last question. I know you said you use yours for 2 yrs then swap them out. How many hrs do you have on them at the end of 2 yrs and do you usually have any problems at all inbetween then?

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

That's pretty good I did 952 th buy my self with my T last week that was non stop spreading fert and spot spraying weeds. hit them as you go. oh yes I had a trailer

All these rideons beat the hell out of spreader or dragin a hose

Charles Cue