1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tried & true or new?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I am a full timer and I am in need of 2nd blower. I have 1 Echo PB 410 and love it, it is built like a tank and never gives me trouble. But I hear a lot about the newer plastic blowers that have double the CFM's and 30 more MPH. Is there that much of a difference when doing cleanups or is the extra CFM's and HP overrated?
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, the way I see it, if you have an Echo and like it and never had any problems buy another Echo. My expirience is that CFMs are more important and make more of a differance than MPH and HP. Personally, I use a Stihl BP blower and love it.
  3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I use the Shidaiwa EB630...you can dethatch a yard with this thing!! So I believe there is an advantage to higher cfm's mph's and hp.
  4. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, there is a huge difference when doing clean ups! Not as much of a difference when doing maintenance like blowing grass clippings off sidewalks. If grass or leaves are wet the extra power is a great time saver!
  5. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Echo 750T today and so far I am glad I did. Don't get me wrong, I love my PB 410 but the 750 has a lot more power. I mean a lot! It might not last as long but it will make clean ups easier for now. Thank you all for the input.