Trikes and bikes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Tharrell, May 27, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I just got a scanner and wanted to share some of my trikes and bikes as well as some of my racing photos. This one is Gatorback, Gainesville Florida 1988 Triple Crown series.

1988 Gatorback, Fla-edited.jpg

2. Tharrell

Here's a pic of my trike. It's a 1985 Honda ATC250r. My 1963 F100 Ford is in the background.

ATC250r-edited.jpg

3. Tharrell

Here's a night time flattrack race on my ATC250r. I smoked this guy on the Yamaha. He's about to get passed on the inside.

ATC250r-inside pass.jpg

4. Tharrell

Here's a moto-cross race in Pensacola, Fla. This is where a guy brake checked my before a double and I ended up casing it on the double. I went over the bars and did a major face plant. There's a pic somewhere of the aftermath and it's funny, if I can find it.

1987 Pensacola, Fla-edited.jpg

5. Tharrell

Practice riding, a small jump.

YZ250c-edited.jpg

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet man, I never rode a trike in my life I hear they are dangerous. I like that little whip in the first pic too.

7. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

I'm partial to the trike pics! I'll dig some of mine up and post em'. :cool2:

8. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

ill have to take some of my trike, it is a custom 200x frame w/350x suspension front and back and a bored out 200s motor on it with 10:1 piston.
    Anybody can ride a quad but it takes skill to ride a 3 wheeler

Matt

9. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

That sounds like a nice machine. :cool:

10. Tharrell

Skill, that's understated. It's like walking a tightrope over hell! That's what makes it so fun.
    I test rode the 200x behind the dealer on the asphalt pad. Then I hopped on the 250r. I was holding the throttle wide open trying to warm it up (they blubber like a string trimmer till they warm up), then it was like a light switch. The front end stood up and the engine started screaming. I was heading straight for the dumpster with the engine screaming and the front wheel in the air.
    It scared me so bad I bought it!
    I eventually put some Pro Circuit and Paul Turner stuff on it and could do wheelies on these dirt roads around here about 70mph or better I guess.
    The most fun I ever had on three wheels was an exhibition race on a 1/2 mile oval at night.
    Speaking of bikes and such, I have a gnarly photo of David Bailey if anyone remembers him. I'll look for it and post it asap.