Trim in the ring or not?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Lefet, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I absolutely HATE weeding. Would $50.00 an hour be reasonable after an initial substantial clean up/out?

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

for pulling weeds? **** I charged 150$ to weed a half acre yard last week with beds all around the house and a big bed in the front and a big one the whole way across the back yard.

3. Lefet

And was that the initial weeding for the season or was that part of your maintenance program?

4. bradseabridge

oh now I understand what you are saying, that was initial. I charge $20-50 a month to keep up on the beds depending on how many there are and how big, sometimes I charge more than that. Most of my clients are in the $20 range if they want it at all. The only people that usually want it live in the old folks community and their yards a small as **** and they usually keep their beds weed free anyway so I don't usually have to do anything.

5. How about doing your client and yourself a service by spraying a pre-emergent in tree rings and bed areas. One app will last at least 4 months if using Sureguard. If you have to hand pull due to plants being too close, that's another story. Hand pulling weeds from tree rings or non-full beds is a waste of time.

6. bradseabridge

but it's more $

7. Lefet

Yes, that's what I was saying and that sounds fair.

8. Lefet

This certainly is an easier alternative, although costly. Most of our propertys are in the 10,000 sq ft range (in the FRONT) with 10-20 trees and multiple beds, INCLUDING the entire perimeter of the house.

9. Lefet

How much is Suregaurd?

10. Yes, it is somewhat pricey up front for you and the customer, but if it only has to be applied 2x/year, you will be saving them a lot of $$ and have less weeding to do. Down here, weed control is part of the price, so the less I have to spray, the more $$ i am making.

I paid $135 for a lb. which will cover 96 1/gal. backpacks. The residual is great as well so the more it is applied, the less weeds over time. I have been using for about 2 months and have had waayyy less weed control to do.