Trim line color dilema

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by b & t lawn care, Jul 26, 2004.

1. b & t lawn care

b & t lawn care LawnSite Member

They went and done it again......changed the trim line colors !!!! My trimmer uses .95 trim line. I used to be able to get it in black but now the .95 line comes only in floresent orange. The last thing my customers want to see is orange trim line laying around. I also find that I prefer the "star" shaped line, expessially when trimming around rock edging Does anyone out there have any info on where I can look to try to find the .95 line in dark colors and star shaped? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator Magnum. Clear with a black center. It is tuff enough that your customers will not see it laying around.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If you have the time to worry about this...

4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl has Green round and star

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I understand the problemo.

when I am forced to use an offensive trimmer line color I always stoop over and pick them up.

I always carry a trash bag to dispose of the nipped ends.

GEO :eek:

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Personally if they would make a trimmer line that would last a bit longer I wouldn't care if it glowed in the dark and flew around the yard like a hungry mosquito....................

Orange does stick out in a nicely manicured lawn though.........

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimmer line is to be used, not chopped up into little pieces.

Learn to use a fixed line head instead of the homeowner tap and go heads that come on most machines and you won't see any little pieces of line.

It takes a bit of time to get used to having 4 lines but your trimmer line usage will be cut almost in half plus you can trim much faster.

Gator line seems to be about the toughest line out there without soaking for a few days. It would probably be better after soaking.

Oldtimer

8. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I've been waiting years for snakeskin lookin' line. Water Moccasin orange and black.

It's been such a disappointment.

I need a ciggy...

9. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

i swear by gatorline woulnt change for anything

10. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

I'm bout ready to use braided steel cable myself........I can't get anything to last nowdays.

Most of my customers could care less if they saw some trimmer line layin' around though.