trim question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Feb 10, 2008.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

I have this HOA that I mow. It is split up into many different mowing spaces or rambles. Im alway looking how to cut some time off the job. Usually, we mow all areas when finished mowing, come back to do all the trimming.

My question is for those who have accounts like this. Do you guys do the same as above or just carry a trimmer around with you and when finished mowing a section, get off the mower, trim and move on to the next area?

Seems the latter would be a bit more efficient.

John

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut... helper follows behind and trims... when I'm done cuttin', I jump on a trimmer... we both jump on blowers when we're done trimmin'. Keep in mind, we use the trimmers to edge the beds and walkways as well. Once a month we deep stick edge.

3. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

If you are alone cut all then trim unless there are areas where it is far to walk between. Or cut all and then run around on the ztr to get the far off areas to trim. Better to not stop / start the blades so much . Just more wear on the clutch / belts every time you turn them on.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I had a HOA that I cut 6 different "parcels" spread throughout the community. I would do each parcel in it's entirety before moving on to the next one.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Jungle Jim's trimmer rack that mounts on a mower would be a good idea. I haven't used one, but seems like it would do the trick. Just try it sometime and see which way is faster.

6. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

That is what I do. I think that is the most efficient way IMO.