Trim Side of deck Protector

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mattsmowing99, May 11, 2010.

1. Mattsmowing99

Mattsmowing99 LawnSite Member
    from NEO

Im looking for a way to keep the trim side of the deck clean from scratches(not me the employees:dizzy:) I thought i saw a company on here a couple of years ago, but i cant seem to find them now..
  2. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

subscribed, scags have them, but i want one for my new wb
  3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Get some lexan from Lowes.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Grasshopper has a roller that bolts on the trim side.
  5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not to be a smart ass, but who cares if it gets scratched? Obviously you do or you wouldn't be asking, but why do you care?
  6. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

in my case, because i just spent a lot of money on a machine and i want it to stay looking good, idk about the older guys and how they feel but for bein 16 i find buying a brand new commercial mower to be a big accomplishment lol and i wanna take care of it
  7. cgaengineer

I want to take care of my $6000 walk behind, but scratches are the least or my worries. General maintenance is all. Give it a few months and you won't be worrying about scratches anymore...once the new wears off. For the time being wrap the trim edge with duct tape.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen the SCAG one in the showrooms. I think it would prevent me from getting close to objects. I want to get as tight up against poles, posts, houses, etc as to not have to trim.
  9. cgaengineer

My trim edge looks like it was used in Iraq for tank should see the underside of my trutrak...I'm going to have to apply a bead of nickel/stainless to keep from wearing through tubing.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe I'm to anal but I care about the scratches that I get on my lawnmower. Especially the trim side. This is were you can do a great deal of damage. Luckily my Scag has the skid plate on it and has protected the deck very well. I took it off this winter because I washed and waxed my mower and it looked just like it did from the showroom. I also purchased a new skid plate from Scag dealer and replaced it since it was just about worn through. I take care of my equipment just like I take care of everything else that I own, Very well.