trim side on lazer and z hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by turfman59, Dec 26, 2002.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to know which lazer has a wider trim side the 52" hp or the full size 60" lazer
    Regards,
    Bruce Robinson

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

turfman59,

Good question, I had to go out and measure. What I came up with is.... 3.5" for the 52LHP and 4.0" of the 60LZ.

I measured from the tire edge to the side of the deck, I didn't include the wear guard bumper.

Do you guys need more trim side-deck or happy with what you have?

Thanks, Fred.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like where mine is. From the angle of sight it gives a very good view of the deck and whatever your running beside.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe an inch more or so would be perfect. But anymore than that would side scalp more and make any benefit less appealing.

5. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you again for the quick reply, this site that you have sponsored that is exclusively for Exmark tech questions is one of the major reason I am going to buy an Exmark mower.

6. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Like TLS said, a little more trim side would be great, this would help when going around certain objects. However, I would not want to compromise and have scalp issues.

Also, like turfman said, this site is the reason I bought my Lazer this year. Nothing better than knowing where you need to go to ask a question and you don't have to wait weeks to get a answer, (often not even hours). It is also the reason that I will probably buy an eXmark walkbehind next year, especially after trying to get a simple question answered by another company.

Do you guys at eXmark realize how much us eXmark owners appreciate being able to come here?

7. eXmark

Guys,

Thanks for your comments, believe me we really appreciate the good ones. One good comment makes up for any number of sour ones that comes though the pine line.

Chariot we sure hope that the users out there get some good out of this. Us here have all been on the other side of the fence and know what it feels like. I guess that’s why they send us out to the field as much as they do. So we don't forget what the real world is like.

The one thing that keeps it real for us is, we wouldn't have job if it weren’t for you people!

Thanks, Fred.

8. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I have to agree with the other replies on this topic,,,this forum and EXCELLENT customer support was the deciding factor on going Exmark.
    It's especially important to those of us who are a little farther from our dealer than is convenient. Plus we know we are dealing with someone who REALLY has the answers to our questions on this board.

Thanks to all the guys who answer our questions on this forum!

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

on the same note, what are the trim offsets on the Turf Tracer 52" and 60".

10. eXmark

MacLawnCo,

Here you go, TT60" has 9 1/2" and TT52" has 3 1/2". This is on our 2002 units.

Thanks, Fred.