trim then mow or vise versa

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by yard_smart, Jun 15, 2008.

1. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

do you all trim then mow or mow then trim ???

I usually trim after im done but i notice it doesn't look good having a bunch of big clippings laying around . . . does this make sense?

2. railman

railman LawnSite Member

I edge, trim, mow then blow. much cleaner look after im done. IMO

3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

We trim/edge, then mow. Unless we are running a 3 person crew...then there is trimming and mowing going on at the same time.

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

For me it is determined by the height of the grass...if I roll up to a property and the grass is overgrown by three or more weeks...I trim/edge then cut so that I can mulch all of the excessive clippings when I cut, but for normal lawns I cut then trim/edge...that's just how I do it...

5. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

When I do my accounts I mow, edge, trim, blow. At my job, there is 2 of us. I edge, he mows, I trim, then we both blow.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

the mowing crew is a 3 man crew it all happens at once...atleast its a big lawn they all cut then one cuts out early to trim

7. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I usually blow before and after. I do full landscape maintenance so I do any pruning, bed cleaning, etc first. Then edge/trim and lot of times I blow all the leftover leaves, twigs, and little green junk onto the lawn and just mulch it in when I cut. Then a quick blow to get the rest of the clippings from mowing. If I don't have the extra stuff to do then edge/trim, mow, blow.

8. iseegreen

iseegreen LawnSite Member

I switch it up every now and then. I usually mow first though. All my accounts are weekly so grass isnt to tall. The reason i mow first is cause if i trim first then when i drive my walker on the concrete where the clippings are it it turns concrete green and makes the grass stick and harder to blow. just my two cents

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i mow trim then blow

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

There iz 3 of us,so it always drawing straws to get to go..........