Trimble Geo 7 Series

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Irrigation Contractor, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

3. Irrigation Contractor

Jim, what or which equipment are you referring too?

4. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the Trimble Geo Series units before with both ArcGIS and AutoCAD doing layout work.

Right now I am looking at the Juniper Aspect units. They look decent and have software made for the irrigation industry too.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I'm actually liking the company, big guy:)

Real personable and informative, lots of gently used equipment for cheap!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Irrigation Contractor

Juniper just became a front runner....THX

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I'd probably be looking at a sub-meter minimum, if not centimeter unit personally.

http://resourcesupplyllc.com/SXBlueSeries.asp

Don't let software (i.e. aspect) guide your decision on hardware. Any GIS application will work, even the free ones. Your mapping is only as good as its accuracy and repeatability in the field.

Before deciding on any unit, take a HARD look at performance in situations where multi-path rejection is highly likely .... i.e. urban areas.

8. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

jesus, reading yall's posts is always humbling.

any educational material on how these are commonly used in irrigation?
    Please :)

9. Irrigation Contractor

The tips are appreciated for sure.

Are you using or recommending a unit with a receiving antenna that will reject signals arriving from below the horizon?

The cost of the units is very close to others I have been looking at and as far as the software goes; I would really prefer something user friendly for our service managers.

I can understand the need and we do want to be as accurate as possible, but in the end these maps will generally be used by our staff. My guys are good and the maps are intended to increase efficiency for all and allow us to dispatch techs that are close or routed.

We often have to send specific techs to sites that some know much better than others just because they have more time on the property.

10. Irrigation Contractor

The tips are appreciated for sure.

The cost of the units is very close to others I have been looking at and as far as the software goes; I would really prefer something user friendly for our service managers.

I can understand the need and we do want to be as accurate as possible, but in the end these maps will generally be used by our staff. My guys are good and the maps are intended to increase efficiency for all and allow us to dispatch techs that are close or routed.

We often have to send specific techs to sites that some know much better than others just because they have more time on the property.