trimec and team pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slagerlawncare, Mar 21, 2000.

1. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

i am using a secondary supplier for my lower end fertilizer program. does anyone have any comments on using team pro as a preemergent and trimec as a weed and feed product?<br>thanks <br> ps..i also posted this on applicator forum..<br>

2. Are you taking about a granular weed n feed<br>product?<p>If so granular weed and feed gives poor results. You need to spray liquid to kill<br>lawn weeds.

3. slagerlawncare

yes..granular.<br> applied with dew on the grass is quite effective for granular. i'm starting out with granular this year and doing some spot spraying. spraying is down the road a bit.

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not back-pack spray all your weeds? Or get a spreader-mount sprayer? <p>Less cost AND better results.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i use a packpack sprayer to apply weed killer to all my lawns. works great but my back just dosnt feel so great that night after walking around all day with 5 gallons on my back. luckily i only spray the weeds on my lawns 3-4 times a year.<br>

6. slagerlawncare

i have a 25 gallon pull behind sprayer...guess i'm a bit hesitant on spraying right now...are granular that ineffecient?<br>

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

not for weed control! i used to use granuler weed and feed. kills maybe 20% of the weeds if you do it in the morning and 3-4 days before rain is expected.even with those ideal conditions you dont gets good results.

8. Lazer

Getting the lawn wet when you're there every time is gonna kill you for scheduling.

9. slagerlawncare

geez.. i have about 30 accounts right now...backpacking is out of the question.<br>even momentum granular is ineffective?

10. Lazer

How many square feet?<p>I've used to back-pack 100 accounts. (Over 1.2 million square feet) Sure there's better mothods, but I don't think that amount is any big deal. Most hericide formulations are labeled for low volume so you don't have to refill constantly.