1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimec Classic

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wojo23323, Apr 27, 2003.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I am licensed to apply pesticides in Va. and I did read the label. Here is the link to the label. http://www.pbigordon.com/product_labels_turf/Trimec_Classic_Brand_Label.pdf I use a 5 gallon back pack sprayer to spot treat for weeds. How many ounces of Trimec Classic do I mix with one gallon of water? The label says mix 1.2 - 1.5 ounces with .5 - 6 gallons of water. To me that is too broad of a range. Thanks for your help.
  2. 1oz per a gal.

Sounds good to me...............

Confront I mix 2oz per a gallon in my back packs.
  3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

low side=1 oz. to 1 gallon, high side-3 oz. to 1 gallon
  4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Unless I'm mistaken, Trimec and lesco 3 way are basically the same formulation, therefore 1.2-1.5 =per 1000 sq ft. At my application speed, my 5 gal back pack puts down 1.5 gal of liquid per 1000 sq ft. Knowing this, I mix 1.25 oz of 3-way per 1.5 gallons of water. ( ~ 4 1/4 oz per 5 gal of water)
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Don't you love those labels? I've been trying to narrow it down on some chems also. It says use enough water to cover so and so square feet. Well, that's not really an adequate answer to me. Pest control products assume you're using a small sprayer and give the 1 gallon rates as well as tank mixes. I guess they just assume we're all using big tanks. Thank goodness for the folks here on Lawnsite for their help.
  6. syncom2

syncom2 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

The last Trimec that I purchased ($19.99 /gal.) came from my local TSC (Tractor Supply Company) store. Not having it nor the label with me at the moment, I'm not sure if it's of the Classic variety or not. But nonetheless, from what I read (... what I think I understand of it!!) it takes about 1 ounce per gal for the grass in my local (Ohio). Thus far I've only spot-sprayed this spring and I've put anywhere from 1.5 – 2 oz. in the tank for my 1.5 gallon sprayer. Not only that, but a shot or two of some dish soap goes in 'fore I screw the pump back on the tank. I seem to be getting fairly good kill results with the broadleaf weeds. I've found in the past that the clover needs at least two doses, sometimes three drinks... if the post spraying weather conditions aren't all that favorable.
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

The reason Tractor Supply Trimec is so inexpensive is because it has very, very low active ingredient (around 7% I think). To get the good stuff, you'll have to go to Lesco or Southern States or a farm supply store other than TS.