1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimec classic

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chefdrp, Feb 7, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

My Lesco dealer is in PA.
  2. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Use a ester formulation on c.charlie and other hard to control b.leaves.
  3. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Trimec, Three way, Triplet , Mec amine D, Strikeforce are the same stuff. Trimec has several formulations now that have differing percentages of Active Ingredient, some have additives like MSMA but they are all the same otherwise.

Many people are having good success by using Trimec or similar products at a low rate and adding Quicksilver, a new, fast acting and very successful broadleaf weed control. It is working very well on clover, ground ivy and violets.

Be careful with Quicksilver , though, 1 to 2 oz. per acre with triplet!

You use an eyedropper for hand sprayers!
  4. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Very true! You have to be very careful with Quicksilver. I make my own Speedzone though. I put 3.3 oz Quicksiver in with any 2.5 gallon jug of Trimec and BAMM!....Dy-no-mite in a bottle on those hard to control broadleaf weeds. Speedzone has .62% Carfentrazone-ethly...3.3oz.
  5. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see the point in buying quicksilver. I can buy speedzone for about the same price as quicksilver. Speedzone: $135 for 2.5 gallons, covers 320k at 1 oz per k. Quicksilver: $125 for 8 ounces, covers 270k at lowest rate of 1.3 oz acre plus you must add the cost of the herbicide you mix it with. Other than to get away from dicamba why would you buy quicksilver? Maybe there is something I am overlooking.