Trimec Plus and Perma Green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MrBarefoot, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Has anyone sprayed Trimec Plus with a PG?

How did it work?

Did you get even coverage?

Did the pump handle it?

Did you get control of crab grass?

Did you get control of nut sedge?

Did your lawns show some yellowing?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

dan: never in the pg unit but Trimec Plus in the pump up sprayer will take out cg but a few apps. needed..
  3. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

Dan, have you tried it in the Perma Green? I was wondering too because the label states to use it in a gallon of water or more. Tim
  4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

the 'plus' in trimec plus is MSMA and I'd be concerned with the low water volume.

Lush states the label recommends a gallon or more (thats per 1000 sf i assume) Soooo, that rules out the PG, right?
  5. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

why would it rule out the perma green, you would mix in a larger tank and use the nurse tank set up. Then your in business.
  6. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

I am not crazy about MSMA for crab control, or for nutsedge control for that matter. I would not spray MSMA out of my z-spray, unless I was ready for the burn you will most likely see.

7. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Hey not to hijack but what are those Z sprays going for. Sr and Jr.
  8. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

The label states for use under 80 degrees . I am waiting to use it, probably this week.
  9. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Jr with options 8K and well worth it.

10. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

if the product label states 1 gal per 1000sf (i dont use the product so i dont know the label, i'm just going by what another member stated was on the label) And the PG treats about 4000 sf with one gallon.......then you'd be breaking the law, right?