Trimec Plus and Perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by standeruser, Aug 4, 2006.

1. standeruser

standeruser LawnSite Member

Does any one use trimec plus in there Perma Magnum, and if so what's your mix ratio. Thanks. Jay

2. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

I am not using that but it tells you everything if you read the book and the label. Every machine is a little different depending on the speed it goes and how much liquid comes out during that time. Plus not everyone puts it dont' at the same rate per 1000.

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

read the label. You must have some terrible lawns to need a blanket app. of trimec plus. It is probably not a good product to go ULV with.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I get about 5000 sq feet per gallon with my PG ULtra.
    HOWEVER! An MSMA product would probably not be effective at this date. It mainly controls young crabgrass. Is crabgrass beginning to seed in your area--if so--it is probably too mature. Read the label carefully regarding what stages of growth can be controlled.
    Also, MSMA can burn your good grass. Not recommended for fine fescue. Greater risk at high temps. Greater risk if grass is a little dry.
    Drive crabgrass control would be better. It is still very late.
    You would be better off to offer a free extra crabgrass preventer in spring.

About Permagreen Ultra. Anybody had this problem? I filled night before with Lesco Tri-ester and on the first lawn it burned the grass for the first 100 feet. Why? I suspect that the product settled out overnight. The first 30 seconds was possibly pure weed killer--with no water. Is there a way to agitate the tank to resuspend a product?

5. Chunkster27

Chunkster27 LawnSite Member

Use your yard flagging sticks to stir it up?!?!